In Windows Server 2016, there are new features such as support for DNSSEC, zone scoping and advanced logging. You can also integrate Active Directory and DNS by creating a GlobalNames zone that supports single-label securing windows server 2016 names resolution. Zone transfers, delegation and conditional forwarding are used to transfer information between different DNS servers as well as create trust relationships with other domains or networks.
- The console allows administrators to centrally manage server configurations such as creating scopes, managing leases, creating DNS zones, and configuring resource records.
- Implementing Software-Defined Networking in Windows Server 2016 provides organizations with a powerful tool that can help reduce complexity, improve scalability and provide more control over their networks.
- Download the evaluation versions of Windows Server 2016 RTM and start testing the new security features.
- Windows Firewall provides an extra layer of security to protect against malicious software and other threats, ensuring the integrity of your network infrastructure.
- This can be a great option if you prefer to learn at your own pace and in your own time.
- Zone transfers, delegation and conditional forwarding are used to transfer information between different DNS servers as well as create trust relationships with other domains or networks.
- It is important to secure your DHCP server from unauthorized access by configuring appropriate settings for authentication and authorization.
You will need to monitor your DNS server for errors, performance issues and malicious activity. Having a strong understanding of these components is essential for setting up and managing DNS in your network. To configure the DNS server role, you need to create a primary zone, assign an IP address for the name server and define records such as host names, MX records and CNAMEs. DNSSEC requires digital signatures on all signed zones to ensure security of data transfers within a network. Socket pool and cache locking are used to adjust the server’s performance by controlling the maximum number of sockets and caching entries. The module provides an overview of AD RMS, explains how to deploy and manage an AD RMS infrastructure, and explains how to configure AD RMS content protection.
Microsoft Securing Windows Server Corporate Training Certification
Windows Server 2016 provides new IPAM features designed to further improve the manageability of IP address space and enhance network performance. Microsoft Windows Server operating systems are the standard across enterprises of all sizes. Because of its widespread use, systems administrators with validated skills configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Windows Server Operating Systems are in demand. The Windows Server skills training covers the infrastructure skills required to help an experienced sysadmin become an infrastructure engineer. Additionally, the topics covered in the training align with the Server 2016 exams. This comprehensive Server 2016 playlist was designed to help you go from no experience to advanced skills.
He has a very conversational tone when speaking during the videos which make them even easier to understand. Great course.I enjoyed the course a lot and I am utilizing the skills in my day to day work. In this comprehensive https://remotemode.net/become-a-security-specialist/forensic-investigator/ Microsoft skills training, Garth Schulte covers everything you need to know about Windows Server 2016. The module provides an overview of the components and technologies that compose the Group Policy framework.
You will also learn how to mitigate malware threats, secure your virtualization platform, and use deployment options such as Nano server and containers to enhance security. The course also explains how you can help protect access to files by using encryption and dynamic access control, and how you can enhance your network’s security. Hyper-V is an excellent application that comes in Windows Server 2016 Standard and Enterprise. By default, there isn’t a lot of security unless you add it using the built-in tools that come with the server. However, you need to figure out which tools you should use and how to configure them. In this course, Securing Windows Server 2016 Virtualization, you’ll learn foundational knowledge needed to gain the ability to secure your virtual machines using a variety of tools.
- Once setup is complete, it should provide a secure, reliable connection between users and the corporate network.
- Once the feature is installed, it’s important to configure DirectAccess properly to ensure that it is running optimally.
- The modules describes various sync scenarios, such as Azure AD sync, AD FS and Azure AD, and Azure AD Connect.
Implementing DirectAccess in Windows Server 2016 requires careful planning and configuration to ensure optimal performance and security. Once setup is complete, it should provide a secure, reliable connection between users and the corporate network. Once everything has been configured properly, DirectAccess can be tested by connecting to it from remote locations. If everything is functioning properly, users should be able to access their corporate network as if they’re connected locally. It is important to periodically test DirectAccess and review the logs for any issues that may arise. The first step in implementing IPv6 is to prepare your current IPs for the transition.
744 – Securing Windows Server 2016 (MCSE) Series
After finishing the videos in this Windows Server 2016 skills training, you’ll have the knowledge to install, configure, and maintain Server 2016, dig into advanced configurations, and everything in between. This module describes the features of AD DS and how to install domain controllers (DCs). Using our learning experience platform, Percipio, your learners can engage in custom learning paths that can feature curated content from all sources. With SDN, networks can be configured in a more automated way and changes can be quickly implemented.
Send us your request with preferred date & Time & our training advisor will get back to you within 24 business hours. Sign up to get immediate access to this course plus thousands more you can watch anytime, anywhere. Share what you’ve learned, and be a standout professional in your desired industry with a certificate showcasing your knowledge gained from the course.